24 Comments

1. steve l
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

If your day job isn't woodworking it should be filmmaking. I've gotten to the point where I won't watch a new video of yours until I'm sure I won't be interrupted as I watch, usually with both hands wrapped around my morning coffee. It's a great way to get a positive start on the day. Just out of curiousity, what inspired the use of oak for this build? I'm so accustomed to your use of walnut I thought I'd ask about the change.

Thank you for yet another outstanding offering.

2. Camaleon Woodshop
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

You don’t show how you joined the table top to the legs!!

3. Joakim S. Johansen
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Do you sell plans for your work?

4. M S
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

What???? You sold that beautiful table???? If I was your wife I would be very mad!!!! It is gorgeous! 🙂

5. jonlai9
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

How strong are the legs? I am looking to build something with a similar look but I'm worried the legs won't hold without an apron or with cleats, etc. Can you give some advice? Thanks.

6. Variae

Hi Chris,

Amazing design, looks really clean. I'm wondering, how is/was the stability of this table? I made a round table with similar legs, but the legs are not stiff to the table top, causing it to rotate a bit sometimes. What are your experiences with this?

7. Leandro Boffi
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

hey! I love your designs do you share the the sketch models?

8. Kento Wakai

Subbed

9. Sylvierh
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

three months before you sold it?!! hahaha… beautiful design though.

10. Alex Urbanik
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Is there any reason why plywood couldn't be used for this type of table design? Love the look and the expansion washers were a thing I didn't really know were an option. Just really like the look of the table and curious about pros/cons of other materials.

11. David Ger

Chris,
    I followed your video and built your table design in an 96" x 40" walnut edition. It is beautiful. But I think I may have a problem and need your help. I believe the table top may be bowing. I built it with 3 long planks each about 13" wide and 1 1/8th thick. Since the two legs, on each side only mount to an outside plank the middle plank has no support. I am very worried that over time the table will bow side-to-side. Thoughts?
    Dave

12. Pamela Mejia
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Beautiful ! Do you have specific plans for measurements ? Also how many people can fit ?

13. Saurabh Bhavsar
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Very nice video and table. Can you please share with me what is the angle used for these legs? I am curious and looking to make something similar. Thanks in advance.

14. Brandan Scheller
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

This was such a purely, authentic and relaxing video. Great work!

15. Harry Girgin
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Festool has a motor which struggles with cuts.

16. jaypeak
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

hey chris love the video, do you have plans for this table for purchase?

17. BeFaithful00
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Name the person who has a more soothing voice than Chris, and I’ll call you a liar.

Great builds/vids by the way…

18. Arlandah

Gorgeous 50s style table. Wish I had the equiptment to make one too

19. Steve Stearns
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Chris, you have a great design style with incredible attention to detail. I am enjoying your videos and narration.

20. Morten Damgaard
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Please use another kind of music it is so boring. Your video is cool but the music is depressing

21. Danga punk

Very bealtifull. Congratulations!!!

22. Julia Myers
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Now, i would like to know how much you would charge for a commissioned piece exactly like this. It’s gorgeous. And I am not kidding. I’m moving to Pasadena, CA in two weeks and I heard you say you’re in Southern California so now I’m wondering if you take commissioned work and what this would cost if so.

23. pflast
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

Would you share the angles and dimensions of the leg pieces?

24. angga yudhistira
    September 30, 2019 @ 6:21 am

beautiful piece of art.. and I love the way you narrating the video..