34 Comments

1. TheArtisanWoodshop
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

For my end grain to long grain attachment here let me explain my thoughts for the wood movement gurus. If you look at the growth rings I am gluing them perpendicular to the long grain. So the majority of the movement isn't interactive between these to parts. What really matters is the fact that you have QS expansion and contraction in line with the long grain. There will be less than a 4% difference in wood movement between the two parts. A very common end grain application is to have a solid end grain board surrounded by another wood species. Well when you do that you have two sides of the borders running with the grain of the center, but the other two sides run perpendicular which has a 4% difference in wood movement. With such small scale you most likely aren't going to have any issues, and I am actually only half of that here. Wouldn't completely saturating the cutting board with oil be worst case scenario after using kiln dried lumber? No issues, months later after building and shipping it to another state, no issues.

I am using the fact that plain sawn lumber shrinks roughly 8% when kiln dried, and rift sawn shrinks roughly 4%. So the difference in gluing Rift sawn to Plain sawn is a 4% delta in wood movement, and rift sawn to long grain is just under a 4% delta. Vs Plain sawn grain to long grain which is an 8% delta.

2. simone moreira
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

pepe amazing plan” ( t.co/G535oDGqtH ), is definitely a comprehensive woodworking book! By making use of this plan, I had been able to utilize words, drawings, real pictures and various diagrams. It`s really an informative product. I`m currently creating furniture along with my sibling and thanks to this product, I feel like helping him is possible.

3. remembering jazziedog
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Nice looking but I've heard you should never use a wooden cutting board because of the bacteria that could grow in cuts of the wood

4. Davala Erika

It’s normally

5. JRS
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Nice workmanship and a Great looking board, I'd like to hear your commentary as you work and why you do things the way you do, I'm just starting out and built my first generic workbench so I'd have something to use as an assembly table, so hearing your thoughts as you work would be good for me!

6. Martin F

Yuck,

7. Jones
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Love your work man great channel please keep posting! Peace

8. The hour_hand

At 1:00 I thought the glue was mustard

9. Rob I
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Awesome job. Just wondering which video editor do you use for your videos. Great job on it.

10. Maila Loomy
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

This time I will use woodprix plans to make it easy with my own hands.

11. Romelia Polly
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Im using woodprix instructions to make it and I do it already 🙂

12. Bruce Davis
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

I like the feet you used can you tell me the place you got them. maybe amazon?

13. William Gallaher
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Very nice, thank you for sharing!!!

14. Maila Loomy
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

I am sure you'll learn how to make it if you'll read woodprix HANDBOOKS from cover to cover 🙂

15. Gingras Lacy
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

I did it with stodoys plans.

16. Rick Henderson
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Looked great, though probably more work than I'd want to out into a cutting board though. But still, it's something I'm going to try along with box making that can be done with minimal tools.

17. chris

nice

18. Djemal Mesbah

artist

19. Michael R Kegg Jr
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

That is a nice looking piece thank you for sharing

20. Ronnie Lemoine
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

A tape measure can never have enough

21. Chris Wareing
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

I'm just starting out in woodworking, got some basic tools, router, jigsaw and sander, have you got some ideas what I could do to start

22. Ivan Carrejo

Nice job!!

23. Tyler Blair
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Honest feedback. Cutting board is good. I find rounding over the edges improves look and longevity. Also, routing finger holds on the sides makes for easier use. Craftsmanship is great. Video would be better without the music. I’m a music fanatic, but halfway through I hit mute. Maybe it was the song, maybe it was the fact that it was loud and distracting. I find woodworking videos much more enjoyable just listening to the tools do their thing. This is just one man’s opinion. Take it or leave it. Just keep up the good work. Board is beautiful.

24. Lawrence Kownacki

Too many machines!

25. ManWithPlan !
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Is the lighter color wood actually particle board? It sure looks like it is!!

26. Paula Figueroa

Exquisit work! I loved it

27. arkansas13
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

I just found your channel and subscribed. I'll be watching as I enjoy viewing wood working on YouTube!
    Thanks for your efforts and a great video production!
    ….13

28. Quinten Dewit

I am the 2000 suber

29. Ohio Zombie
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Beautiful cutting board and glad to see you have a “real” shop like mine. Bikes and kids toys in the way. Haha

30. Kevin Street
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Great job!! Very neat design ideas. More commentary would be good for me…music gets a bit redundant.

31. Know What Mom Knows
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

I just found your channel today. It was sure fun to see you make a cutting board. Saying that, I have yet to make one myself but when I do, watching cool videos like yours sure does give me great ideas for the future. For a woodworking gift, I have found that for the most part, ppl I know would like to have a customized picture frame. This I do. But someday when I make cutting Boards, I am sure that THIS Is what they will be wanting 😉 From MY Maker Channel to YOUR Maker Channel, I pray you will have the Best Christmas Ever!!
    KNOW WHAT MOM KNOWS
    Shelly Cole
    MOM 😉

32. Kenneth Burrier

What song is this?

33. Jo
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

A cutting board very cute and I love the stripes and different running grains. Thank you for sharing!

34. Roger Crook
    March 29, 2019 @ 10:11 pm

Are you leaving the edges sharp?